- Transportation to appointments, shopping, running errands, or social events. transportation is not on a rigid schedule, but at the members convenience. Also, help can be provided from home to car, as needed.
- Light household tasks such as small repairs, organizing cupboards, putting away groceries, changing a battery in a smoke detector, removing air conditioners, light gardening and more.
- Friendly calls and visits to play cards or a board game, share a lunch or just chat.
- Short-term support like helping with meals, sorting mail and house minding when a member is away.
- Technical help with setting up and/or learning to use smart phones, tablets, TVs and other devices. Also, assistance with learning how to use certain software like Zoom and Face time.
- Social gatherings like an afternoon tea, cocktail hour or potluck.
- Educational programs based on the members' interests.
- Affinity groups like bird watching or international cooking.
- Outings to cultural or sporting events.
It's easy to become a member of Seaglass Village. Eligibility includes:
- Living in the greater Marblehead, Swampscott, Nahant area.
- Living safely and independently in a home, condo or apartment.
- Submission of a membership application.
- Personal visit from a member of the membership committee to learn about your individual needs and interests.
Individual: Receives all direct services, participates in social activities and has access to referrals to vetted service providers.
Household: Discount for two people in a household.
Social and Supporting: Can participate in social activities and have access to referrals to vetted service providers.
Subsidized: Available for members with limited financial resources.
Volunteer: Provide needed help to members, participate in social activities and have access to vetted service provider list.